I’m confident that you wouldn’t have made it to this page if you aren’t looking for a guide on How to Download Apps On Hisense Smart TV. Right?
One of the most well-known brands of smart TVs around the world is Hisense. As a cheap smart TV, it has a great picture and works with several streaming devices. It’s also where you can find and download many Hisense smart TV apps from the TV’s App Store.
However, some users want to know how to get apps on their Hisense smart TV. One way to get the most out of your Hisense TV is to get the app you want to use. While one of the things you can do with your Hisense TV is to watch DST, and here’s how to pay for DSTV subscription in South Africa.
This guide will show you how to add apps to a Hisense smart TV or other type of Hisense TV.
How to Download Apps on Hisense Smart TV
To download apps on Hisense Smart Tv, there are quite a few steps you need to follow.
Make sure that your TV has a wifi connection to the internet. If you need to learn how to do this, please read our guide on connecting a Hisense TV to WiFi.
Hisense TVs with platforms other than its own, like Hisense Roku TVs and Android TVs, have a different way to download apps because they use different app stores. Follow these steps to get the app you want for your Hisense TV.
How to Download Apps On Hisense Roku TVs
- Step 1: Turn on your Hisense Roku TV and use the remote to press the Home button.
- Step 2: Choose Streaming Channels > Search Channels from the home screen
- Step 3: Type in the name of the app you want to use.
- Step 4: To add an app to your Hisense Roku TV, click the app’s icon in the search results and then click Add Channel.
How to Download and Install Apps On Hisense Android Tvs
- Step 1: Turn on your Hisense Android TV and use the remote to press the Home button.
- Step 2: Go to Apps > Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
- Step 4: Type in the name of the smart TV app you want to use.
- Step 5: Choose the app’s icon and click “Install” to save it to your Hisense Android TV.
How to Download Apps On Hisense Smart TV
There are 2 ways to go about this:
Through the App Store.
- Turn on your Hisense TV and go to the section called “Apps.”
- Open the App Store and look for the app you want to download for your smart TV.
- Pick the app’s icon and click “Install.” Wait until the installation is done.
- Once the app is set up, it will be on your TV’s dashboard.
Via the VEWD App Store
- Choose the VEWD App Store by pressing the Apps button on the remote for your Hisense TV.
- You can use Filters or the Search function to find your desired app.
- Once you’ve found it, choose the app icon and press the OK button on the remote. Now, the app will be downloaded to your Hisense TV and set up.
On Older Models of Hisense TVs
- Turn on your Hisense TV and click on the Keyboard icon on the screen to bring up the on-screen keyboard.
- Type in the name of the app you want to get.
- Once you’ve found it, press the green button on the remote to choose the app icon. Wait for your smart TV to install the app.
- After it’s been set up, the app will be on the home screen of your TV.
- You may need to download apps to connect your TV to a home assistant or phone. Your Hisense TV will also need to have Bluetooth turned on.
FAQ: What if My Hisense TV Apps Is Not Working?
If your Hisense TV apps aren’t working, you reinstall the app, connect to a more stable wireless network, or turn off and on your smart TV. Follow these steps to turn off and on your Hisense TV:
- Turn off your Hisense smart TV and take out its power cord.
- Wait 10 minutes for the power to go out.
- Plug the power cable back into the TV and turn it back on.
- After you’ve connected your TV to your Wi-Fi network, open the app you downloaded to see if it’s working.
Related: How to Transfer Airtime on MTN
How To Connect Hisense TV To WiFi
It’s easy to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi, but it can be hard for people who have never used a Hisense TV before. If you follow the right steps, the process is easy and won’t take too long.
Follow these steps to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi:
- Turn on your Hisense TV and use the remote to press the Menu (Home icon) button.
- Go to Settings > Network to check the status of the Network Configuration. If it says “Disconnected,” the TV is not connected to any wireless network. If it says “Connected,” you’re already connected to WiFi.
- If you’re not connected, go to Network Configuration and change the Connection Type to Wireless.
- Next, choose your WiFi network from the list and type in your WiFi password. Choose OK on the remote control.
- You have to wait for your Hisense TV to connect to WiFi.
How to Fix a Hisense TV That Won’t Connect to WiFi
If the steps above don’t help your Hisense TV connect to WiFi, it could be because of several things. But you can start by ensuring you have the right WiFi password; if you need to put in the right password for your router’s WiFi, you can use it.
Once you’ve changed it, you can find the default password on the label at the bottom of your router or on your other devices. But if you have the right password and still need help connecting your Hisense TV to WiFi, try the solutions below.
Fix #1: Turn off your Hisense TV and WiFi router and then back on.
Most bugs on your Hisense TV can be fixed by turning the power off and on again. It resets all of your smart TV’s parts, even broken ones, and stops it from connecting to WiFi. Follow these steps to turn off and on your Hisense TV:
- Turn off your Hisense TV and remove its power cord from the wall.
- Wait 10 minutes for the power to go out. You can also hold down the Power button on the side of the TV for a few seconds while pressing it 5 times.
- Plug the power cable back into the TV and turn it back on.
- Once you have turned off and on your smart TV, you can do the same thing with your WiFi router. Do the following to restart your WiFi router:
- Turn off your WiFi router and remove its power cord from the wall.
- Wait 30 seconds for the power to go out and the parts to start over.
- Plug the adapter cable back in and turn on the WiFi router.
- Then, you can connect your Hisense TV to your WiFi network. Check to see if your TV is properly hooked up.
The second fix is to move your TV closer to your WiFi router.
You can also move your Hisense TV closer to your WiFi router as a fix. Since WiFi connections get weaker the farther away you are, it may be hard to connect your TV to your router if it is too far away. Move your Hisense TV closer to your router and try connecting to WiFi again.
If you’re happy with where your Hisense TV is, move your WiFi router closer to the TV.
Fix #3: Restart the network
When you do a network reset, your Hisense TV deletes any temporary network data, like cache, that it has stored. This information might help make connections faster but can also cause bugs, especially if they need to be updated. Follow the steps below to do a network reset on your Hisense TV:
- Turn on your Hisense TV and use the remote to press the Menu button.
- Go to Settings > General and click on Network Status.
- Choose to reset the network.
- Wait until the reset is done. You may have to enter your WiFi password again when it’s done.
- Try connecting your Hisense TV to your WiFi network after you have turned it back on.
How to Download Apps On Hisense Smart TV (Conclusion)
You can put apps on your Hisense TV, just like you can on other smart TVs. It works with several streaming apps and devices, so you can use them to watch your favorite films and TV shows.
But you’ll need a stable Wi-Fi connection if you want to download, install, and use apps on your Hisense TV. This guide should help you get apps for your Hisense smart TV or other smart TVs.