In this article, we’ll share with you about 3 ways on how to do sim swap on Vodacom net work.
Swapping your SIM card on Vodacom, one of South Africa’s leading telecommunications providers, is a straightforward process that allows you to transfer your mobile number and data plan to a new SIM card.
Whether you’ve lost your SIM card, upgraded your device, or simply need a replacement, understanding how to perform a SIM swap is crucial.
This guide will walk you through the simple steps to execute a Vodacom SIM swap, ensuring a seamless transition without losing your valuable contacts or services. With the right knowledge and a few minutes, your new SIM card will be up and running quickly.
What is Vodacom Sim Swap?
Vodacom SIM swap is a simple and inexpensive way for Vodacom subscribers’ customers and clients to get, retrieve, and get back their Vodacom number if it gets lost, stolen, or broken.
Vodacom Sim Swap Requirements
How do I get back my old Vodacom phone number? This guide will help you find your lost phone number. Here are the things you need to do and the papers you need:
- A new Vodacom SIM card for a starter pack: Register the new SIM card in your name (this is very important). You should be the one who owns it.
- Your ID, proof of address, or affidavit (you don’t need this if you swap SIM cards online, over the phone, or with a USSD code; you only need it if you go to a Vodacom store).
How To Do SIM Swap on Vodacom
Here are some ways to get your lost number back:
Method 1: Call the USSD code for the Vodacom sim swap
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to call the USSD code of 136.
- Put the new Vodacom SIM card that you just registered on your phone.
- Wait about 3 minutes, and then let it go off.
- Dial 136 from it now.
You will be asked if you want to do a SIM swap from this number or another number. If you want to use this number, choose to do a SIM swap from this number.
Then, you will be automatically put in touch with a call center consultant.
The person at the call center will ask you some questions, which I’ve listed and explained below. If you answer them correctly, they will switch your SIM card for you.
Now, turn off the phone and wait for at least 4 hours. When you turn the phone back on, some welcome messages will play.
If you call 100, you will hear your account balance.
Then, to check your number, call *111*555#.
Related: How to Check Vodacom Balance
Method 2: Vodacom SIM Swap by SMS
Here are some rules to follow:
Take out your phone and SMS 082 767 8287 with “portme” and your new SIM number (the 20-digit number on the Vodacom starter pack you just bought).
This method doesn’t work for SIM swaps; it only works for “porting” when you want to move your number from another network (like MTN, Cell C, or Telkom) to Vodacom but keep the same number.
Method 3: Vodacom SIM Swap in Store
If none of the above methods work, take the following papers to the nearest Vodacom store;
- Your South African ID card
- If you are a foreigner, your passport, asylum papers, or permit.
- An affidavit and proof of where you live
Vodacom SIM Swap Security Questions
The staff at the call center will ask you the following security questions to make sure you are the original owner of the SIM line and the number you want to get back:
- How long have you had the SIM card?
This is the most important and first question. You’ve probably been asked for your name and phone number.
If you can’t answer the first question about how long you’ve had the SIM card, just go home and hang up. To answer this, you should take a deep breath and prepare well.
Think about important things that happened when you started using the Vodacom number.
But it doesn’t have to be exact; the range below is good.
0 to 6 months, Six to twelve months, 1 to 2 years, 1 to 5 years, Over five years
- Have you ever redeemed your vodabucks?
Vodabucks could be something that your mother and father have never heard of. Vodabucks are like points you get when buying airtime or data from Vodacom.
This is a hard Vodacom sim swap security question, and if you answer “Have you ever redeemed your Vodabucks” correctly, you have passed 75% of the clearance questions!!
- Have you played “Summer Shake” in the past week?
Almost everyone with a Vodacom phone plays Summer Shake because it gives you Vodabucks.
As was already said, these Vodabucks are free points that can be redeemed for free airtime, data, and even vouchers that can be used to shop online at Edgar’s and a few other South African stores.
If you are old, you might not play it anymore, but if you are younger, there is a good chance you have.
So, in a nutshell, this Vodacom SIM swap security question about “Did you play Summer Shake in the last 7 days?” should not be hard for you to answer correctly.
Related: How to Buy Vodacom Data
- Is it Airtime or Data you borrow last?
This is a simple question that can only be answered with wisdom. Most people who borrow data and airtime do so at the same time.
Most people under 35 borrow a lot of data, while most people over 35 borrow Vodacom airtime. This question shouldn’t be hard to answer, no matter how you use the internet or make phone calls.
- When did you last refill your airtime, and how did you do it?
For point 4, if you say you didn’t borrow but always put money back on, you will be asked this question.
Follow this trick if you need help remembering. Before you go anywhere or start the SIM swap process, just buy R5 worth of airtime and load it on your lost number. Wait about 30 minutes before picking up the phone.
So, if they ask when you last refilled your airtime, just say R5.
- What are the last three numbers you called?
The Vodacom call center agent may sometimes ask for 5 numbers. If you know and pass, though, you’re good to go.
At this point, many people fail this Vodacom sim swap security question because they think it’s the last three numbers that called them.
So think hard about the answer and give it. From what I’ve seen, it’s most likely your girlfriend or boyfriend, husband or wife, boss, or kids.
If you answer all of these questions correctly, I promise that your SIM swap will be taken care of for you, and you can go home happy.
The above instructions and list of security questions are much easier to follow than when you try to do SIM Swap for MTN, Cell C, or Telkom!!
Reasons For SIM Swap
Here are some good reasons why SIM swapping for Vodacom is important:
- Since there are so many fraud cases in the country, I decided to write this guide so that you can learn how to swap SIMs without depending on agents who will charge you money.
- Most Vodacom customers have been using SIM cards for a long time. Now, when they buy a new phone or smartphone, the SIM card size doesn’t fit in the phone. They need a nano or micro Vodacom SIM. The best thing to do is switch the SIM card to the new size.
- Vodacom is one of South Africa’s largest and most popular phone company. It is also the most loved brand in the country as a whole. So most people use their Vodacom number for things like SASSA grants, banking information, etc. If they lose their SIM card, they can’t get their money, grants, etc.
- Most job seekers put their Vodacom number on their CV. The company can only reach them if the number gets recovered, stolen, or broken.
- The crime rate in South Africa is so high that, on average, two out of every five people have stolen their phones. This is especially true in areas called “informal settlements.”
- So, if your phone and Vodacom SIM card were stolen or lost in some other way, you don’t need to worry about returning your Vodacom number.
I’ve also added the video below to help you find your lost number.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- How long does a Vodacom sim swap take
Once you call 136 and talk to the customer service consultant, the whole thing can take up to 10 minutes.
How do I check the status of my Vodacom SIM swap?
Call Vodacom’s number for customer service: The number for customer service is 180. You can call them from your phone using this USSD code or from another network by calling 082180. Or Stop by the Vodacom store that is closest to you.
- How do I do a Vodacom SIM swap without calling?
Just dial the USSD code 136 from your phone and follow the on-screen instructions.
- What is the Vodacom sim swap number for WhatsApp?
At the moment, the Vodacom WhatsApp customer service number is 0820098624. TOBi is the name of the Vodacom care assistant, so once you add the number to your WhatsApp and explain your SIM swap problem, you will be helped.
- How much does it cost to switch SIM cards with Vodacom?
It’s no cost.
How to Do Sim Swap on Vodacom (Conclusion)
In conclusion, performing a SIM swap on Vodacom is a straightforward process that ensures uninterrupted mobile connectivity while protecting against loss or damage to your SIM card. By adhering to the prescribed steps provided by Vodacom, customers can swiftly and securely complete this task.
However, it is crucial to remember that SIM swaps should only be initiated for genuine reasons, such as a lost or damaged SIM card or upgrading to a new SIM type.
Always verify your identity and follow security protocols diligently to safeguard your personal information. In this digital age, mastering such procedures is valuable for every Vodacom subscriber.