Let me show you How to Borrow Data From MTN Without USING *606#. Did you know you can borrow MTN data without using the popular USSD code *606#? Yes, you can.
The MTN XtraTime is a convenient service designed exclusively for eligible Prepaid customers, allowing you to borrow airtime or data on credit when your balance runs low. You can quickly pay it back on your next recharge. You can borrow data now on the MTN without using *606#.
If knowing how to transfer airtime on MTN is something that you’d also like to know, here are 3 ways to transfer airtime on your MTN sim.
We are all used to borrowing data from MTN by simply dialing *606# (which is currently unavailable on the network). But with the new update on MTN USSD codes for certain transactions, including the new code for borrowing data and airtime, you can now borrow data on the popular network without having to go through the hassle of dialing *606#.
Using this new USSD code for borrowing data on the MTN network, which is *303#, you can borrow up to 1 gig or more, especially if you frequently make calls on the network. I am a benefactor of this offer, and I’ve borrowed data on the MTN network a couple of times without using *606#.
As someone who has gone through this process, I have provided a step-by-step guide on how you can borrow data from MTN easily using the new code, along with other information related to borrowing money from the MTN network.
Eligibility Criteria for Borrowing Data from MTN Without USING *606#
To access MTN XtraTime, you must meet specific eligibility criteria.
- You must be a Prepaid customer.
- You must have a registered phone number.
- You must maintain your connection with the MTN network for at least three months.
- Consistently spending a minimum of N200 monthly for three consecutive months.
- Maintaining a principal account balance between N0 and N75.
- You must have cleared any outstanding XtraTime loan requests.
How to Borrow Data From MTN Without USING *606#
To borrow data from MTN without using the popular *606# CODE, follow the steps below:
- Dial *303# and select 1. Borrow Data.
- Choose your preferred amount of data from the list.
- Confirm the transaction when the system sends a message with the borrowed amount and the service fee.
- Upon confirmation, the system will deduct the service fee, credit your XtraTime account with the remaining airtime balance, and send you a successful notification message.
Related: How to Migrate to MTN Biz Plus
How to Convert Data to Cash on MTN
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to convert your MTN data to cash. The option is to use the MTN data share service to transfer or sell your data to family and friends. Remember that the maximum amount of data you can transfer daily is 2GB.
How to Cancel Borrowed Data on MTN
To cancel borrowed airtime on MTN, follow these steps:
- Dial the MTN customer care number.
- Follow the prompts to speak with a customer service representative.
- Request the cancellation of your borrowed airtime.
- Wait for the customer service representative to confirm the cancellation of your borrowed airtime.
How to Reverse Borrowed Data on MTN
If you need to reverse a transaction, contact the service provider using the details below.
Email address: email@example.com
WhatsApp: 09033000001 Telephone numbers: 180 (from an MTN line)/ 08031000180 (from other networks)/ +2348031000180 (from outside the country)
Also Read: How to Forward Calls on MTN
How to Borrow Data from MTN Without Repayment
To acquire data from MTN without the need to repay it, follow these steps:
Insert an MTN SIM card into your phone.
Dial *606# to borrow Data (select the desired amount).
Utilize all the borrowed data.
Finally, remove your SIM card and discontinue its use (discard or deactivate it).
Also Read: How to Check Airtime Balance On MTN
How to Borrow Data From MTN Without USING *606# (Summary)
While the *606# service is convenient for borrowing data from MTN, other methods are available to acquire data without using this specific code.
Some of these alternative methods may involve specific conditions or limitations, so exploring the options that best suit your needs and circumstances is essential.
Whether you choose to use *606# or another approach, the ability to borrow data can provide valuable flexibility and connectivity in a world where staying connected is increasingly essential.